Yes, it would be nice to hear of other worthwhile recordings.  Well, I have
among other recordings, a recording of the 9th symphony, played by my home
town orchestra, the English Northern Sinfonia, conducted by Hickox.  The
Sinfonia chorus is supplemented by the BBC Symphony chorus.  The orchestra
is about the same size as an orchestra would have been in Beethoven's time,
so what you hear is exactly what Beethoven may have heard in his mind, as
I believe he was totally deaf at the first performance.  It does make a
change to hear orchestras that are fairly well unknown, although the
Northern Sinfonia (Newcastle upon Tyne) has quite a sizable recorded, and
growing repertoire.  The orchestra has a beautiful well balanced sound and
a joy to listen to.  I wonder if any members from England have seen or
heard the orchestra.

Cheers Jeff