Remember, almost any review is just one person's opinion...

But I share your opinion, Don.  I own the recording and like it a lot...
I listen to it as much as any other interpretation...  which is my
standard.  I find that I don't go back to those recordings which are a bit
too odd or badly done.  This recording is in the spirit of the music to me.

I don't agree with this review at all...  it is a bit different, fun even.
Certainly it is NOT superficial...  flippant...  empty of substance...  and
comments like those make me wonder about the reviewer, particularly on this
recording.

Ray Bayles