Donald Satz writes:

>Kubelik has a full set on DG, and I think that's received much acclaim.
>Are there any other full sets of merit? I could also buy on a one by one
>basis.  Reading the archives, it appeared that Szell was considered a great
>buy for the latter symphonies.  How about Gunzenhauser on Naxos?

If the Kertesz is still available from London I'd go for that.  Lovely
stuff.  For reasons I can't understand let alone articulate I prefer them
to the Kubelik set.

Talich has out there somewhere at least 6-9.  If you love portamento
consider these heaven.

I have heard or read complaints about the Kubelik 3rd but my blunt ears
have registered nothing.  Good luck,

Thomas Heilman