From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 17:10:25 -0400
Thank you all for introducing yourselves so nicely. Please feel free to do
this at any time..seeing as there are a lot of people joining on a daily basis.

I am Kathleen Bruce. I am a LLL Leader, an RN,  IBCLC since 1993, and in
private practice since Sept. 93, albeit controlled and small, due to family
responsibilities (which are so precious!) I am in my second year of chairing
the conference for VLCA here in Burlington. Dr. Jack Newman is going to
speak mainly on the topic of "Breastfeeding in a BottleFeeding Culture." I
look forward to this.

I live in Vermont, and have several fine colleagues to share info and ideas
with here. Some are even here on LACTNET (with some prodding!!)  I have
several other friends who are isolated, and who thrive on contact and
connection with other like-minded individuals in the field of lactation.
(Melissa, are you listening? )  Last year I met Kathleen Auerbach while
chairing the conference here for VLCA (Vermont Lactation Consultant's
Assoc.), and she and I together had the idea to give "birth" to LACTNET. I
think it was a great idea, and I hope to reach out to many people who
interested in the thoughts of those here.

I will not be able to attend either LLLI Physicians conf. or ILCA, but I
will be there in spirit. Perhaps we can hear things about these conferences
here on LACTNET? There will be  a poster session available at ILCA re: Lactnet.

Warmly,

Kathleen Bruce BSN, IBCLC

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
To err is human, to really screw up you need a computer..