ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sandy Eix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:34:23 -0700

Hello all,

We're exploring ways that we, as education staff at a Science Centre,
can be a more effective resource for teachers. I'm thinking in
particular of situations where teachers call or drop by with questions
about science content, appropriate activities, other resources etc. (as
opposed to print materials or packages that we create to supplement our
exhibits and programs).

Ideally, we'd have a fabulous library on site and a dedicated
question-answerer. But since resources do not permit this, I'd love to
know ways that educators at other science centres act as teacher
resources.

Hope that's not too obscure a question.

thanks

sandy

Sandra Eix, Ph.D.
Exhibit and Program Development
Science World British Columbia
1455 Quebec Street
Vancouver, BC
Canada  V6A 3Z7

Tel: 604-443-7440
Fax: 604-443-7434
<mailto:[log in to unmask]http://www.scienceworld.bc.ca>
http://www.scienceworld.bc.ca

Science World British Columbia, a self-supporting non-profit
organization, stimulates positive attitudes towards science and
technology in a fun interactive environment, promoting the development
of a knowledge-based society in British Columbia.