ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Yuan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:31:19 -0800

Hello Kendra,

The Markkula Center for Applied Ethics has some great articles on how to
approach an ethical decision, which may come in handy.
http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/decision/

It breaks down different moral viewpoints such as:
-Which option will produce the most good and do the least harm?
(utilitarian approach)
-Which option respects the rights and dignity of all stakeholders?
(human rights approach)
etc...

You also might check out the European Initiative for Biotechnology
Education, which includes classroom role-playing activities on the
subject of "Biotechnology and the Environment"
www.eibe.info/

Best,
Eric

Exhibit Developer