CLASSICAL  May 2010

CLASSICAL May 2010

British Music

Jan Cosgrove <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 May 2010 15:30:52 -0700

This is to introduce you to a new concept, one which has as its sole
aim the promotion of British Music via an internet radio site.  We'll
have more to say about details as we move towards the official launch
date later this year.  Suffice it to say, the site is now online at:
www.britishmusicradio.net and there is a Test Transmission playing,
around an hour of music recorded by us at our Festival of British Music
a couple of years back, including Emma Kirkby and Anthony Rooley performing
Dowland, plus music by Elgar, Walton, Byrd, Holst etc ...  and a superb
Encore!

BUT, we also want to invite you to attend our first Recital in our British
Music Series which will take place on SUNDAY 16th MAY 2010 at 3pm at The
Chapel of the Ascension, University of Chichester, Bishop Otter Campus,
College Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 6PE.

Artists: Miriam Kramer (vn) and Nicholas Durcan (pn) who will perform:

Sonatina in G ----------------------   Gordon Langford
Sonata in e -------------------------   Edward Elgar

Two pieces -------------------------   William Walton
Canzonetta     Scherzetto
Sonata ------------------------------   William Walton

Miriam and Nick made a very considerable impression with their Naxos
Debut CD (Szymanowkski Sonatas) and we will be broadcasting a recital
recorded with them some time back as well as this recital.  All recitals
will be recorded.

TICKETS: $12    Available: on the door, by phone from 0845-478 6365
also by email: [log in to unmask] The online booking system
is not yet operational but will be online soon.

The second Recital will be on Sunday 4th July 2010 with Mark Bebbington
(pn) and the Coull Quartet in works by Ian Venables (Pinao Quintet),
John Ireland (First Quartet), and Elgar (Piano Quintet).  Mark is the
Series Artist in two further Recitals.  TICKETS $18

The third Recital is of British Viola Music featuring Maritza Bulcock
and friends on Sunday 26th September at 3pm, with works by Benjamin
Britten, Frank Bridge, Vaughan Williams, Edward Elgar and John Dowland.
TICKETS $12

Details of the remaining three recitals will be available in due course.

Can we also point you to the programme run at the University's excellent
Music Department whose interest in our work we would like gratefully to
acknowledge: www.chiuni.ac.uk/music/index.cfm

One other important issue: if you want us to promote your concert etc
via our site, please email [log in to unmask] and let us
know which British music will be featured, who will be playing etc and
we'll do our best.

We are always interested to discuss recording events or broadcasting
from supplied live recordings as well: same email:

Thanks for reading this.  Happy listening!

"Jan Cosgrove" <[log in to unmask]>