ISEN-ASTC-L January 2010

Re: Question about raised floor systems

Patricia Verheyden <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:43:02 +0100

Barbara,

yes I would really recommend it: it is so convenient that you have elektricty etc wherever you want it and all the cables are just underneath the floor

there exist types of raised floors on which you can drive with a forklift but they are much more expensive

our temporary exhibtion area has two large gates to a corridor, we can drive with a forklift to the gate and then switch to a pallet

Patricia

________________________________

Van: Informal Science Education Network namens Barbara Punt
Verzonden: di 12/01/2010 21:44
Aan: [log in to unmask]
Onderwerp: Re: Question about raised floor systems

Thanks for the replies!

Patricia, can you elaborate - if you have it in the temporary exhibitions
gallery, but you can't drive a forklift over it, would you still recommend
it to a new museum?  We're trying to figure out if it's worth the extra
money.  As you pointed out it would be great for flexibility, especially for
water exhibits.

Barbara Punt

Punt Consulting

409 North PCH, Suite 326