Having obtained Dave's blessing for a reminder (lest this post appear
naked commercialism), I make so bold as to run the Toccata Discovery
Club under your noses again, since the aim is to build up a community
of like-minded enthusiasts, exploring unknown music together - very much
the kind of people on this list. The Discovery Club is intended to link
listener and label directly, enabling us to bring big savings to Club
members, wherever in the world you live.
Background: Toccata Classics is a UK label launched in 2005 to explore
the vast amount of music not yet recorded - almost everything in the
catalog is a first recording. There's music by Alkan, Bertouch, Burger,
Castaldi, Goldenweiser, Kosenko, Lees, Magi, Milford, Ramey, Taneyev,
Telemann, Tormis, Tovey, Weinberg and more - we've released nearly 50
CDs in our first four years of activity and have as many in the pipeline.
Membership of the Toccata Discovery Club brings you:
- Two free CDs worth 27 Pounds ($44, more or less), or a
free Toccata Press book, post free when you join
- Big discounts (5 Pounds - approx. $8) on all Toccata
Classics recordings, new and back catalog alike, bought
through the Toccata website
- 25% off all digital downloads from the Toccata Classics website
- You can sample every track online
- 25% off all Toccata Press books
- No minimum spend
- Nothing sent you haven't asked for
- All orders post free
- Newsletter with new release updates
- Further special offers and discounts
- Offers from other labels and publishers
You pay 20 Pounds (c. $33) to join via the Toccata Classics website at
www.toccataclassics.com; click on the Discovery Club tab or go straight
through to the Discovery Club page at www.toccataclassics.com/discoveryclub.php.
Each time you log back in, the site will automatically recognise you and
apply your 5 Pounds ($8) member's discount per CD and take 25% off your
downloads and book orders.
Among the recordings in preparation:
- piano music by Algernon Ashton
- the complete string quartets of David Matthews
- Velesslavitsa, an epic concerto for piano, two violins,
cello and orchestra by the 16-year-old Alexander Prior
and featuring three American prodigies
- Friedrich Gernsheim: the two piano quintets
- Vol. 1 of August Stradal's transcriptions for solo piano
of the Liszt symphonic poems
- two discs of orchestral music by Havergal Brian
- the complete piano music by Lyadov
- chamber music by Ferdinard Thieriot, friend and contemporary of Brahms
- the complete violin sonatas of Mieczyslaw Weinberg
- Reicha complete piano music
- choral music by Vissarion Shebalin
- Telemann's Harmonischer Gottes-Dienst: complete cantatas
- complete piano music of Nikolai Peyko
More details at the Toccata Classics website: www.toccataclassics.com.
There are also quite a few Toccata Press titles in preparation for the
rest of this year:
- Havergal Brian on Music, Vol. 2: European and American
Music in his Time, is at the printers
- Composing in Words: William Alwyn on his Art is almost
ready for the printer
- Comrades in Art - the Percy Grainger/Ronald Stevenson
correspondence, together with Stevenson's writings on
Grainger - is in proof
- So is Martinu and the Symphony by Michael Crump, the first
systematic examination of his orchestral music
- Tully Potter's massive biography of Adolf Busch is about
to go off for typesetting.
- Click on www.toccatapress.com/books/comingsoon.asp for more details.
There's another aspect to Toccata Classics you won't get from other
labels, too: we will be listening to Discovery Club members. So if
there's a recording you'd like to see made, tell us about it.
So that's my pitch. I do hope it's something you'll all be interested.
There's a massive new website in preparation, too, which will offer a
members' forum, lossless downloads and lots more. Welcome on board!
PS: We are still good pals with our excellent North American distributors
Allegro, and you can also order Toccata Classics CDs through your normal
US domestic channels.
The CLASSICAL mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R)
list management software together with L-Soft's HDMail High Deliverability
Mailer for reliable, lightning fast mail delivery. For more information,
go to: http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html