CLASSICAL  January 2009

CLASSICAL January 2009

Re: Cataloguing Software

Ron Ackermann <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:03:38 -0800

Richard Todd wrote:

> I-tunes might work for the presently uncatalogued portion of my
> collection or perhaps as an intermediary stage.  I'd love to store my
> music on my computer, though I don't immediately see how to do this with
> I-tunes.  My question is, could I store it at CD quality?  I imagine
> SACD quality would be out of the question, but those could go into
> Classicat.

I have been transferring all of my music (a considerable amount) to
iTunes over the last several months.  I store everything with Apple
Lossless, which is CD quality.  My collection takes up quite a bit of
space, but with the price of storage dropping rapidly, it is well worth
it.  I have a 1TB external drive for music and a 2TB drive for backup.
The 1TB drive currently holds nearly 2000 CD's and is only about half
full.  I am also able to scan the booklets and add them to iTunes as a
pdf file.

I have my own scheme for indicating track names, composers, etc. so I
don't rely much on the internet search provided information.

Now that I have my computer connected directly to a high quality amp
and speakers, I have never found listening to music so easy and
convenient.

Ron Ackermann