From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 02:38:35 -0400
Peter Borst said:

> But then, we all don't have African bees now, do we? An email
> acquaintance wrote to me, upon watching the video of Lusby bees:
> "Those bees are just like I remember them from my visit with the
> Lusbys. I don't think you'd need an analysis to see if they're AHB's.
> One encounter and you'd know by experience."

I really must object.
The comments above are both hearsay and utterly subjective.
Such groundless accusations are unacceptable.

A more objective approach would be to ask Jerry Hayes, the
Florida State Apiarist, for the results of their genetic testing
of the marked queens (and the progeny thereof) shipped by
Ms. Lusby's operation to a certain Mr. Michael Housel in Florida.
Mr. Housel was forced to call the State Apiarist's staff in a
"call for backup" when he realized that he would be unable to
approach his hives with anything less than a M113A3 Armored
Personnel Carrier.

As I recall, the results of the testing were clear, and a letter
was written pointedly reminding several people about the need to
obtain certain paperwork before shipping queens across state lines,
and advising all concerned that no such paperwork would be issued
by the state of Florida, as they had quite enough AHB already.