ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Kerkman, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:39:07 -0800

Two formers professor of mine in Environmental Interpretation at the
University of Wisconsin--Stevens Point have published an Interpreter's
Handbook series that you may find useful. I've only read "The Interpreter's
Guidebook" but I really think it is wonderful. It is a brief and easy read,
enough so that you could expect staff and volunteers to read it without
becoming overwhelmed. But the content is amazing. I use the information in
it all the time. Highly recommended (and not because of some sort of weird
loyalty thing--it's just very good).
   Here's a link to the series:
http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/schmeeckle/handbooks.htm#Guidebook
Good Luck!

        Michael Kerkman
        Botanical Educator
        The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
        1151 Oxford Road
        San Marino, CA 91108
        626-405-3586