ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Wageman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:02:14 -0800

The Tech Museum of Innovation will be hosting the 2004 Association of
Science-Technology Centers Annual Conference in San Jose, September 18-21,
2004. Now is the time to begin planning sessions and workshops. Proposals
must be submitted to ASTC by December 31, 2003. The call for proposals is
available at http://www.astc.org/conference/2004/proposal_2004.htm and the
conference theme is described at
http://www.astc.org/conference/2004/theme.htm.

We want to help you make connections for developing your proposal ideas.

If you are attending ASTC this year in St. Paul, I invite you to join us in
planning sessions and workshops for ASTC 2004. Our session, "Sustaining
Innovation in an Era of Rapid Change: Preparing for ASTC 2004" is scheduled
for Monday, November 10, 2003 at 9:00 AM. Please check your conference
program for location.

If you are not attending, but your colleagues are ... please encourage them
to participate and send your great session ideas along with them.

If you ARE NOT attending ASTC or CANNOT ATTEND our session, but have great
ideas that are related to the conference theme and strands, we would like to
share your ideas with those who are there. Send a one-sentence description
of your session idea, the name of the person at your institution who will
take the lead in following up, and their contact information to me at
[log in to unmask] by noon, Friday, October  31. We will distribute a
handout of these ideas at our session.

By convening in advance to begin planning sessions and workshops, we hope to
bring great energy, ideas and people together so that next year's conference
is a "must do" experience!

We look forward to seeing you in St. Paul this year and in San Jose,
California in 2004.

Susan B.F. Wageman
Director, Community Learning & Resource Development
The Tech Museum of Innovation     [log in to unmask]
145 W San Carlos St.              408-795-6303
San Jose, CA  95113               fax 408-279-7167
http://www.thetech.org/