CLASSICAL  August 2007

CLASSICAL August 2007

Fourteen-Year Search for Walter Gieseking Photo

Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:29:21 -0700

[Got to respect such dedication. Can we help him?]

Subject: 	Walter Gieseking
Date: 	Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:38:22 +0000
From: 	E. Mario Moro
To: 	<[log in to unmask]>

Dear Mr. Gereben,

I am writing to you since I am looking for a cover photo of a deleted CD
of the great German pianist Walter Gieseking (1895-1956) in which
Gieseking is sitting in a stool by his piano wearing his typical hat. In
this cover photo, he has his legs crossed and he is smiling. The photo
shows him in full body (from the hat to the shoes). I saw the photo more
than 14 years ago. I saw it on the cover of a CD in a shop window in
Buenos Aires. Unfortunately, the shop was closed that day so I decided
to go back the following day but the CD had already been sold. To make
matters worse, the shop assistant could not give me any details about
the CD (label and catalogue number). From that moment, I have been
sending letters and e-mails all over the world but I was not able to
find the CD. I would be grateful if you could tell me whether this photo
is available or which's the label and catalogue number of this deleted CD?

If none of this is possible, I would be grateful if you could tell me
the name of a person, file researcher, curator or organization that
could help me continue with this long search.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Faithful,

Mario Moro

Janos Gereben