CLASSICAL  April 2007

CLASSICAL April 2007

Concerto Announcement

Richard Burdick <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:26:21 -0700

Sorry for the late notice.  [And my apologies to Richard Burdick.
I got too busy this weekend, and his notice wasn't even read until
today.  Wish I could have been at the concert though it would have
been a long drive from San Francisco.  Right up my alley.  -Dave]

This weekend Saturday April 21st 8 * p.m. & Sunday April 22nd @ 3 p.m.

I will be performing the 3rd Horn concerto of L. F. Dauprat with the
Nexen Regina Symphony Chamber Players on our Government House series.
In Regina Saskatchewan Canada.

My performances will be on Natural horn in E.  I reduced the orchestration
for our small group.

I am quite sure this is a Canadian premiere. I don't know of any other
performance of the work ever.  The Dauprat Concerti were probably too
hard for the hornist, to make it into the standard repertoire for horn
back when they were written around 1818.

For those of you that can't make it.  I am revising Naturalhorn.com to
feature a recording of this Concerto in a horn & piano version.  When
my site goes from green to blue it will be there.  For now, you might
want to hear my old recording of the Dauprat Grand Sextet #6 which you
can hear on the 'What Playing' section on the left.  This recording is
my old recording of that, and not the version that will be on CD soon.
I will be changing the site completely really soon!

Richard Burdick
Naturalhorn.com