CLASSICAL  February 2007

CLASSICAL February 2007

Classical List Management

Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:09:06 -0800

Greetings fellow MCMListers,

As you may or may not know, this spring marks the 15th anniversary of
our list.  We started as a small group of people on a private mailing
list, to over 1000 subscribers at our peak.  For a number of years now
we've been receiving free LISTSERV mailing list service from the software
maker, L-Soft.  As a non-commercial list, and in return for advertising
at Classical Net, the founder of L-Soft gave us a free ride on his
servers, and has provided us with mailing list distribution for over
a decade now.

You may have noticed some changes recently.  These evidently came about
as L-Soft reconfigured their servers, and we now have a new address.
The old addresses are there and will work for a while longer, though I
do not know how much longer.  You may have also noticed that messages
from the list now come with a little advertisement from L-Soft in the
footer.  Evidently, this is now the price we pay for the free service.

The pertinent addresses are:

for list submissions:

     [log in to unmask]  (old)
 ->  [log in to unmask]  (NEW)

for commands to the server:

     [log in to unmask]  (old)
 ->  [log in to unmask]  (NEW)

Essentially, we've moved from the "HOME.EASE" server to the "COMMUNITY"
server.  The list archives have a new address too - the link to the
archives on the Classical Net home page have been updated with the new
address.  The old archives are still there, but have not been updated
with latest submissions and will eventually disappear.

Except for having to update address books and spam filters, this move
should have little effect on list subscribers.  If you have any questions
about this, please let me know.

Dave
MCML Listowner
http://www.classical.net/