CLASSICAL  July 2006

CLASSICAL July 2006

How I Met Sam by Brian Wilbur Grundstrom

Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:39:23 -0700

How I Met Sam by Brian Wilbur Grundstrom to be Performed by Colla Voce
on August 1 at The Outgames Choral Festival in Montreal

Brian Wilbur Grundstrom's How I Met Sam will be performed by Colla Voce
Men's Vocal Ensemble, Steve Ng, Director, as part of the group's concert
on Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at The Outgames Choral Festival in Montreal,
Quebec.

How I Met Sam was commissioned by Colla Voce.  Proceeds of the commission
were donated to GALA Choruses by the composer and librettist.  The work
was previously performed Colla Voce at recent performances in Fairfield
and San Francisco, California.

James Skofield has written the lyrics for the piece.  James is known for
his collaborations with Robert Moran, including the Houston Grand Opera's
commission of The Dracula Diary, and Night Passage, premiered by the
Seattle Men's Chorus (under the direction of Dennis Coleman) in April
of 1995 and later performed by the Boston Gay Men's Chorus.

For more information about this concert and The Outgames Choral Festival,
please visit http://www.montreal2006.org/en_choral_events.html#.

Colla Voce is a men's ensemble founded in February 2004.  Based in
San Francisco, Colla Voce provides support, awareness, and outreach to
the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community through musical
performances and by donating 100% of net proceeds from concert ticket
sales to other charitable organizations.  Visit them online at
http://www.colla-voce.org/.

Brian Wilbur Grundstrom obtained a BA in music from Gettysburg College
and an MBA in Arts Administration from SUNY Binghamton.  He studied piano
performance with Michael Matsinko, Serge Petitgirard, and Walter Ponce,
and composition with Dexter Weikel and Fred Speck.  He has twice been a
finalist in the Composer's Guild Composition Competition, and was awarded
an American Composers Forum's Performance incentive fund with Pianist
Craig Randal Johnson.  Mr.  Grundstrom has served on the Council for the
New York Chapter of the American Composers Forum since 1996.  Previously
a Programmer in Information Technologies for the Brooklyn Academy of
Music, Brian lives in Washington, DC and is now a Database Administrator
for the Washington National Opera.  He continues composition studies
with John David Earnest.  Brian sang with the New York City Gay Men's
Chorus for over eight years.  Read his latest Celebration!  newsletter
online and visit his website at http://www.brianwilbur.com/.

He is represented by Jeffrey James Arts Consulting - 516-586-3433, to
whom inquiries about his music can be directed.

Jeffrey James Arts Consulting
Website: http://www.jamesarts.com