CLASSICAL  June 2006

CLASSICAL June 2006

Favorite Radio Stations on the Web

Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:37:51 -0700

Here at the corporate world headquarters of Classical Net, we've formed
a task force assigned to checking, fixing, and collecting new links.
Lead by our dynamic, brilliant (not to mention extremely attractive)
Linkmistress, we are systematically going through and updating all the
link pages at Classical Net, an effort that requires the checking of
over 5000 links and hundreds and hundreds of submissions.

Keeping links active on the web is a challenge.  You'd be surprised
how many sites, even large, commercial sites, seemingly randomly change
their web addresses (and then, no doubt, wonder why they lose traffic!).
Keeping up with the appearances, disappearances, and relocations of
thousands of web sites is a huge project.  I've compared it to painting
the Golden Gate Bridge.  The Golden Gate is so large (and the environment
so corrosive) that as soon as they finish painting the bridge, they have
to go back to the beginning and start over.  The bridge is continually
being painted.  We may not have the resources to eternally paint our
"bridge", but we're going to make a couple of passes, assuming the
staff doesn't get burned out.

As part of this activity, we are endeavoring to list every site we
can find, not just sites that have formally submitted a link request.
We just finished our first pass through the Radio Stations and Internet
Broadcasters link page.  We think this page is now is very good shape,
but we could use some help verifying that.  If you have a favorite radio
station, especially if it offers lots of original programs, streaming
audio, etc.  please let us know.  You can view the radio links here:

    http://www.classical.net/music/links/musradio.html

If you have other links you think we should cover, you can check the
general link page here:

    http://www.classical.net/music/links/musiclnk.html

to browse listings and choose the appropriate category.  For convenience,
a link submission for is linked from every page, or you can access it
here:

    http://www.classical.net/music/links/

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.  And be sure to post to
the list if you have discovered a wonderful site that seems to be
under-publicized.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/