Re: Crumbs From The NPR Table

Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:20:01 +0200

Bernard Chasan, in response to a mention of the BBC:

>...  political opinions are oftern in agreement with the unremittingly
>liberal bias of public broadcasting, I see no reason why the taxpayers,
>many (most?) of whom don't share those opinions, should subsidize them.
>Some day the political shoe might just be on the other foot.

 [Anyone who believes that there's anything but a hard right bias
 to almost all PBS news simply hasn't been paying attention.
 Their slide to the right has been very well-documented as a
 little research on the web will show.  Now, please take further
 discussion of political matters elsewhere.  Thanks.  -Dave]

Nor is the BBC in its several programs notably attentive to classical
music.  The German public service networks are better at that.  The
Bavarian one runs a radio program almost entirely devoted to classical
music.  It is excellent.  The same network of course also underwrites
the Bavarian Radio Symphony, a world-class band with world-class conductors.
One of the French public service programs also indulges a lot of classical
music--but on radio.

Denis Fodor