From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:06:57 +0800
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The Scharwenka 4th concerto has been performed all over the globe (I
>think) by Stephen Hough in the last few years since Hough's recording of
>the work (also on Hyperion, in the same "Romantic Piano Concerto" series)
>came out.

This is, unfortunately, an unsubstantiated claim that I know for sure to be
totally untrue.

I just interviewed Hough a month ago (the radio version was just played
on Christmas Day, and is due for another repeat broadcast sometime this or
next month; the transcript will appear on my website soon...  watch this
space for details!), and he revealed that he has NEVER played the Sauer
concerto he recorded in public ever before, and as for the Scharwenka 4th,
he has played it only once in concert.

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html