In Brazil, we have female composers with international recognition.
- ESTHER SCLIAR (1926-1978) - nicknamed the "Brazilian Nadia Boulanger";
- JOCY DE OLIVEIRA (1940)- electronic
- MARIA HELENA ROSAS FERNANDES (1933)- avant garde style with amerindians sounds
And in all Latin-American the women appear.
In 2002, in the 4th Latin American Encounter of Composers and Interpreters (Belo
Horizonte/Brazil), I discovered, for example, two jewels:
- GRACIELA PARASKEVAIDIS (1940)- avant garde style
- HILDA DIANDA (1930)- avant garde style
Edson Tadeu Ortolan
[log in to unmask]