From:
Lionel Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:37:00 +0800
Henk van Tuijl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Heard today on the radio Pizarro's recording of Rachmaninoff's 3d.

How did you find it? I haven't heard it myself, but I read rather
uncomplimentary reviews of it.

>He seems to have won Leeds a few years ago.  What has happened with him
>since then?

Well, among many other things, he made a couple of fine recordings on
Collins Classics, including the Scriabin and Shostakovich Preludes (IIRC),
and gave an outstanding recital in Singapore just last year.

BTW, now that Collins has gone into liquidation, is Pizarro's recording
career put on an indeterminate hiatus, or has he moved on to even greener
pastures?

Lionel Choi
Singapore
http://www.singnet.com.sg/~lionelc/dummies.html