From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"LACTNET" discussion list
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 21:17:38 -0500
I have had one client who had a perfectly normal nursing situation..baby
gaining, mother pumping at work with a double lactina.

Several weeks after her first injection of Depo Provera, her milk supply
dropped by 50%.

She took Reglan , and this drug increased her supply. Her hope was to wait
out the effect of the drug...however, before its effect was diminished, she
quit nursing.

Just my experience with one mother, but it was enough to make me very wary
of injectable birth control medication for nursing mothers.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC
Williston, Vermont USA
Remember to stop and smell the "roses!"