WG-CC Archives

Coalition WG on Coordination Committee

WG-CC@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gladwell Otieno <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coalition WG on Coordination Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 17:48:31 +0300
Dear All/Dear Milton,
In partial answer to your question from a Kenyan perspective:
Wikileaks played an important role in publishing a report by Kroll
Associates on corruption in Kenya and massive theft of assets
particularly by the Moi regime, which the Kenya government had tried
to suppress after having commissioned it in the fist wave of
anti-corruption activity in 2003. I think they can play an extremely
important role especially where access to official documents is
impossible or difficult.

See http://blog.marsgroupkenya.org/?p=98
"Kenyans would Vouch for Wikileaks, if We were asked"
and:
http://www.ethicsworld.org/publicsectorgovernance/corruptioninvestigations.php#moi

The link to the original Guardian story, where it first appeared,
seems to be broken.

Regards
Gladwell Otieno