From:
Leibovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:03:50 +0300
I have been on Lactnet for about 10 months, and learned a lot. I read about
very difficult problems, and how early management may cause, or solve, them.

 I had all four of my children in a regular hospital, with seperation after
birth, no rooming in, sometimes they wouldn't call me at night etc. - but
luckily had no serious bf problems. I would like to know how common these
problems are - do most mothers (who want to bf) do OK, with minor problems,
or do many mothers need the intervention of a LC? It's clear that all of
you write  to Lactnet about their difficult cases, but I'm interested what
proportion of mothers/babies have serious problems.

  Mira Leibovich, MD
mailto:[log in to unmask]