From:
ToadHull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 20:48:10 EST
I'm a new subscriber , preparing to take the exam this summer.  It's really
been a pleasure reading and gleaning from the Lactnet these past couple of
weeks.  I had a call from a mom tonight who suddenly began to shiver today
after bf her 5-day-old. She is feeling some breast pain but it is neither
localized or hot, baby is nursing frequently and well and gaining, and she
doesn't feel any hardening or see any reddening except on the nipples where
there was some trauma from bad positioning at first. I shared info on plugged
ducts and infection, but she and I are both wondering if this shivering
sensation is something due to the release of hormones or some other normal
aspect of bf  -- she has in the last day or two begun to experience tingling
let-down , "pins and needles."  Does anyone know of other new nursing moms who
find themselves shivering but have no other signs of infection?   TIA, MHH