From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:31:21 -0600
I'd like to introduce the Nurse-In Video photo montage that I created and
posted on YouTube.

I originally prepared this for a presentation I did at the provincial
Breastfeeding Conference in Saskatoon Jan 29.  I spoke on the topic "The
Isolated Advocate - Online Lactivism from Nokomis to New York"  (Nokomis is
the small town in Saskatchewan, Canada that I live in).

(By the way, I am ready to take this presentation and video to other venues
and conferences..)

Anyhow, please take a look at the video, and share it near and far.  I hope
you enjoy it and find it motivating and inspiring.  Youtube is an
interesting tool to get an idea out, and if we could get about 8000 hits in
one day, it could be a "featured video of the day" and people in the general
public would see it.

The direct link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmgLgIUB2T4, or the link
below should also work if you want to cut and paste from below to distribute
to your own connections and lists.

Janice Reynolds

Nurse-Ins across <http://youtube.com/watch?v=kmgLgIUB2T4>  America

04:44

Mothers in North America are increasingly taking to holding "Nurse-Ins" to
uphold their right to breastfeed anytime, anywhere, in Mothers in North
America are increasingly taking to holding "Nurse-Ins" to uphold their right
to breastfeed anytime, anywhere, in order to feed and nurture their
children. Organized primarily through Internet networks, it is a mother's
show of solidarity and community with each other, at this time in our
culture when this simple act of nurturing our children, can bring dirty
looks, nasty comments or even cause the mother and child to be removed from
businesses or airplanes.

While Nurse-Ins are often initiated by one person's negative response to
seeing Nursing in Public, the Nurse-in becomes an opportunity for correction
of breastfeeding misconceptions, education about the child's right to
breastfeed and its importance to the health and wellbeing of mother and
child, and a show of support from the general public.

Video created by Janice Reynolds, one of the Nurse-In organizers