From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:45:59 EST
Lisa writes;
>>when I was talking to our local nursery nurses
about using the inverted syringe, they said that they weren't allowed to use
syringes for that purpose.  It had something to do w/ policy <<

I used a cut and reversed 20cc syringe for years in 2 Boston area hospitals
and it was never a problem. They do work, sometimes, but you need to be
quick; removing syringe and placing baby on breast.

Carla writes;
>>The Pigeon Nipple Puller was designed for this purpose, is available without
medical intervention, is easy to use with one hand, is intuitive, tiny,
cheap, and very effective.<<

This sounds very interesting, do you have access info.?

Also, use of an inverted syringe for this purpose has been discussed at
length on Lactnet in the past. Search the archives and you can see the exact
same discussion!

Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts