From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:47:57 EST
In a message dated 1/9/02 7:51:41 PM Central Standard Time, Angela <
[log in to unmask]> writes:

> This particular mom has =
> a 3 month old and has been told to appear in court in Vancouver, (1.5 =
> hrs by plane, or 8 hrs by car) on Monday, was told yesterday.  She has =
> never been seperated from baby.  Does she have any options?

I am not familiar with the legal proceedings of the Canadian court system,
but I do have the following questions;
Will this mom's travel; and accommodations be provided?
It is my understanding that in US courts, the witnesses wait in a separate
room until their turn to testify. It seems that accommodations could be made
for someone to travel with this mother to keep her baby while she is
testifying, and then the baby could remain with her when she is not. It also
seems that if her testimony was lengthy, and the babe needed her, a short
break could be accommodated.
I am not a Legal professional, these are just my initial ideas on this
situation.
Laura Wright
Mississippi, USA