Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:10:18 EST
Lynn talks about a family:

> The family was very nice and you never would have known there was an
> issue if you didn't spend time in the home but the mother was not
> supportive
> of his attempts with feeding. That is she was extremely anal about
> cleanliness, would offer food only at designated snack and meal times,
> would
> coerce him to take it and provided him with little oppurtunity to feed
> himself, as it would make a mess. Food was not fun!

This is VERY typical of many families that are huge into the Preparation for
Parenting/Babywise/Ezzo thing.  This is what is taught -- food ONLY at
designated times, in the designated high chair, with the child's hands under
the tray so that there are no attempts to feed themselves as it is too messy.
 Be interesting to see if that's where she is coming from.  Though I'm sure
there are many other families where this happens too, and it isn't Ezzo
related.

It makes me wonder what the set up will then be for later -- is this child
going to have food issues because the parents have made an issue of food?

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- Wheaton IL
Lactation Education Consultants
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com