From:
Maurenne griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:01:08 -0500
Diane DiCarlo wrote:

Also, did anyone notice who the advertisers for the Chicago Hope show?

Well, Nestle had a couple of ads.  How surprised are you by that?  :-/

Wal-Mart had a few too; do they sell their own "house brand" of infant
formula???  I would guess that they probably sell the big brands.  (I live
in
NYC -- no Wal-Mart here)

******

So now we have Carnation, Nestle and Wal-mart as advertisers.  Hmmm....

Wal-Mart's house brand is "Parent's Choice", which is a couple of $ cheaper
in my area than the top sellers like Enfamil, Similac and Carnation Good
Start.  I think it's made by Wyeth-Ayerst.  I saw sample packs of Parent's
Choice for sale last week when I was in Wal-Mart buying diapers.  Reminded
me of little packets of cocoa or oatmeal.  I'm guessing they are doing this
to let parents try the formula out to see how their baby does with it
before having to invest in a big can of it.

Maurenne
Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Birth and Breastfeeding Resources  http://www.childbirth.org/bbfr
Manhattan, KS  USA