Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:03:28 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Today is the one year anniversary of the day I started expressing milk for Joseph.  As you may recall, he was having weight issues, could not transfer milk from me to him, had a posterior tongue tie, and was unable to maintain a seal at breast, and in the meantime, my supply took a nosedive.  He had his tongue tie clipped, visited a chiropractor and craniosacral therapist, got evaluated by lactation consultants and physical/occupational therapist, yet was never able to breastfeed successfully.

He did, however, get over a year of mother's milk!

So, approximately 2900 pumping sessions later, I am HUTH (hanging up the horns) and will be retiring the breast pump. :)

Thank you for your prayers, support, encouragement, and love this past year...it brought with it stressors like none I've had before, and I could not have made it through without my family and friends.  Special thanks to the moms, local and afar, who donated milk to us while I was re-building my supply, and HUMONGOUS thanks to Ray and the children who patiently supported me through hours of expressing. 

Gratititude to the many Lactnetters who came to my aid in the early days and weeks of worry, frustration, and confusion!

Ann Marie

God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid. Isaiah 12:2

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2