From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 16:21:29 +0900
Hi all,
I wasn't going to comment on this as I am no expert, and I haven't got the
original post in front of me, but I understand that the shape of the cornea
changes during pregnancy and lactation, which affects mothers who wear
contact lenses. I think it means that they find they become uncomfortable
because the shape of the lens doesn't perfectly fit the cornea. Perhaps the
optician was meaning that he would have to make a new set for when she was
lactating, different to a set for after she had weaned because of the
change in shape. Any contact lens wearers want to comment?

Joy Anderson B.Sc. Dip.Ed. Grad.Dip.Med.Tech. IBCLC
Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia Breastfeeding Counsellor
Perth, Western Australia.   mailto:[log in to unmask]