From:
Helen Vermilya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 18:42:35 -0500
Need your suggestions.  Permission given to pass along from mother
Hi!

I haven't worked much with older infants (10 1/2 months)
Grandmother called first.  I then talked to mother. Baby has not gained any
weight over last month.  Weight 17-4.  Does not take bottle or cup.
Breastfeeds every 2-3 hours for 5 minutes, 1 time at night. Baby has had
cold (stuffy nose) past 4-5 days. Breastfeeds only one breast. Baby would
not nurse other breast so "dry". Baby does not like baby food, but will eat
cheerios throughout day, soups, pudding, yogurts, and finger foods.  MD
stated Mom should give milk or formula from bottle (that I definitely don't
understand) and baby food instead of table food.  Mom wondered if giving a
meat stick for babies ok. Baby eating better now since cold started.  My
only advice is to give baby what she wants to eat and drink. How concerned
should we be with stable weight? What else can I do for a child this age?
Thanks.

Helen RNC IBCLC
Williamsport, PA