Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:49:36 -0700
hi,
 this is my recipe for moms butter, does anyone have any other recipes to
share? the butter is easy I filled a 2 liter bottle with 1 liter of
breastmilk, that leaves plenty of shaking room. and put the lid on really
tight, and shake vigorously. after about 1/2 hour of shaking mostly by my
kids they have the energy) you will see a lump of butter forming at the
bottom. I used a pair of scissors and cut the top part off the bottle so I
could bet the lump of butter out. then pour off the buttermilk also called
skim. it is really sweet and great on toast
 the cheese you need to get rennin from a store and add it to the milk. the
rennin  turns it into curds and whey then you drain the whey and if you heat
the curds to boiling and pour off the new whey you have ricotta, if you heat
the curds to about 100 degrees in a double boiler and add 1/2 cup of salty
water stirring constantly it will get stretchy and be mozzarella
 I am thinking of compiling a 101 recipes and uses for breastmilk.
warmLLLy Katie