Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:25:11 -0800
Hi all

I have a question.  I have a mom I've known for a number of years,
failed at breastfeeding her first baby, due to a number of factors
(ezzo, low milk, bad suck, scheduled feedings, etc.) and was really
wanting to be successful at feeding this new baby.  New baby is now 3
months old and Dr. Sears (one of the sons) diagnosed failure to thrive
(Dr. Sears is not her normal doc, but I wanted her to see  a more
breastfeeding friendly doc.)  Supply has always been an issue.  With
much education during pregnancy mom has made a complete turn around
(gone from I will NEVER sleep with my baby to baby is sleeping with her
all the time.  Also she was very much against attachment parenting, but
now has asked me for advice on which AP list to join (is parent-L still
around?) so she can learn more.)  Anyway, the baby suffers from severe
allergies.  They just tested the baby for seven things and baby was
allergic to six of them, including soy, dairy, wheat, peanuts.  Mom is
on the elimination diet in the Sears' book.  Baby will not NOT take
formula at all.  She will take pumped breastmilk, but mom is a poor
pumper. She would consider milk bank milk, but with the allergies.....
This is a very difficult situation, and I've probably left out more than
a few things.  Mom has a history of depression and with her first child
she tried reglan.  It didn't increase her supply, but it did increase
her depression.  So, 30,000 question is: has anyone ever heard of
Domperidone having a side effect of depression?

Thanks,
Joylyn