From:
Jo-Anne and Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 20:39:23 -0300
Lynn Shea wrote,

> I often receive calls from  frazzled parents seeking advice on coping
> with
> the irritable, fussy baby that insists on fdng. virtually around the
> clock.

and asked how to advise such mothers.
Besides reassuring the mother that is normal that her baby wants to feed
frequently, is fussy, or whatever she feels is wrong and that it is also
normal for her to feel discouraged or overwhelmed or whatever she tells
me she is feeling, I offer book suggestions -- Dr. Sears' Fussy Baby
Book and Raising Your High Spirited Child and talk about babies who seem
to need "more" . There are comfort measures to describe, and also one of
my favourites, which is to do more than one thing at a time: I think I
will call this BF+ in my log. Put the baby in the sling, on the breast,
and dance or walk or rock or rub or sing or whatever it is that makes
you feel better when you are blue.
Jo-Anne; you know, the one who hated to walk until she had children.