Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:56:43 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Celina,

That is really interesting about Nourris Source in Canada.  I hadn't heard of them.

I don't disagree with anything that you wrote.  I think that the more options moms have for breastfeeding support, the more moms will breastfeed.  I also embrace diversity.  I am just wondering why a new organization appeared that is so much like LLL.  I am wondering what need they fill that wasn't being addressed.  I'm thinking that there must be some philosophical difference, otherwise ...why?  It's not like for profit companies where there is natural competition.  Both LLL and BF USA seem to have the same goals.

I am also curious to know how their philosophies differ so that I might know what moms are looking for and not finding in LLL that I could provide.  So far, it doesn't look like we have any BF USA groups in my location.  I would be interested in attending a group to see how they are run.

Like I wrote, I do not have any pre-formed opinions about this, I'm just asking questions because something about the existence of this organization is surprising me.  I'm not sure I even know why.

I visited the website for BF USA and found it to have comprehensive breastfeeding information and it is well organized and accessible.  I read about how to become a counselor and the process sounds as if it will make for very knowledgeable counselors.  I just wonder what the existence of this hip, new orginazation means about and for LLL.

Writing about this and thinking about it has led me to think that it isn't necessarily that this organization fills an unmet need for moms but maybe that the counselors themselves feel like the organization is a better fit for them.  Is this it?

Laura Spitzfaden LLLL, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2