From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:27:44 -0500
Well Ladies,

I believe we have danced this dance before...

It brings to mind the old joke:
"what do you all a medical student who got a C?"
answer: Doctor

I think that if we are honest, we all look for the IBCLC behind
someone's name. Along with LLLL, it seems to be fairly well defined.
Yes, we all know, have known or have heard of IBCLC's and/or LLLL who
we, personally, did not feel met the "mark".

However, I agree that all the other alphabets, even my own, are pretty
open for interpretation. That is another benefit of this list: I see
your names, not your alphabets, and I would refer to you, regardless of
the alphabet you wear.

If I were counselling a mother who needed banked milk, I would probably
write directly to Barbara,  If I were helping a mother who had cultural
questions, I might write to Kathy D. That is why I am so grateful for
this list! What a great way to meet each other,  learn each others
strong points, and preferences...regardless of their alphabet!

Thanks to the list moms!
Laura Wright