Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 21:33:47 -0600
>My son was 8 lb 9 oz and I'm only 5 feet tall.

Susan, while I completely understand and respect your specific need for a
c/s, I think it's important to remember that small women have big babies all
the time.  At 5 foot 4 inches tall I had two 8 pound plus babies.  Our size
height wise is not always an indicator of pelvis size (I am on the anatomy
unit of my midwifery studies, can you tell?)  Every case needs to be
evaluated, I just wanted to state that size is not always an indicator of
how big or small our pelvis will be.  CPD is often times over diagnosed.
That being said, I agree, there can be good hospital experiences.  The
hospital stay with my second child was about as good as I think it could be.
I educated the nursery staff on informed consent about vaccines, eye drops,
first baths, oh and of course there was that nurse that was sure having my
two year old nurse would certainly rob my baby of colostrum!  Before I had
time to leave the charge nurse on the PP floor even had me help her on a
consulting case.  So as far as hospital stays, it was ok :O)  granted we
went home before my baby was 12 hours old, we are not the norm, but then we
should have been at home to begin with.

Yes I know this is verging on off topic so I will move on.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and