From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2008 06:14:35 -0400
The thread on current obstetric practice has been passionate, articulate and
illuminating, but alas, we must acknowledge that it is becoming more of a
tangent to Lactnet than an actual topic about breastfeeding.

Every single post in the thread has conformed to every point in our
guidelines but one, and that one is to keep your posts related to
breastfeeding.  Of course we all know that the start of breastfeeding is
birth, and it matters how birth is handled, and posts about birth practices
AS THEY IMPACT ON BREASTFEEDING are welcomed.

We certainly appreciate the need for a safe place to vent about the things
one experiences in clinical training, and we take it as a compliment that
this list is perceived as such a place.  It is therefore with reluctance
that we are compelled to request that you keep your passion alive, while
refraining from diverting the focus from Lactnet's topic, which, as always,
is breastfeeding.

There is no need for anyone to apologize for any posts hitherto in this
thread.  We are also sure that you will have found kindred spirits with whom
to discuss things off the list when the need arises (and it will!).  We
reiterate, posts about birthing practices as they impact on breastfeeding
are always welcome.

Sincerely
Rachel
for the listmothers