Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 07:48:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/2003 9:11:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> It turns out there is actually slightly more protein in the
> cream fraction than the skim fraction.  Go figure!  (Again more imprints as
> my head bangs against the computer screen.)

Thank you Linda.  This is very interesting!  I wonder as I ponder....if you
did some backwards lactoengineering -- that is, let the cream rise to the
top, and then with your mini-turkey baster or a periodontal syringe carefully
try and siphon some of the less fat milk off the *bottom* of the bottle, and
then re-homogenize the remaining milk with the cream that is on the top so as
to make a higher fat content milk?

I'm picturing what I'm thinking in my mind -- it is sort of like if the baby
were at breast to have mom pump a little before putting him to breast.  Or, I
suppose she could pump into two bottles -- an ounce or so, and then put
another bottle on the pump and get the remaining higher fat milk so the baby
doesn't get as much volume, but does get the higher fat content milk.

Not sure if this is making much sense at all....

It's early -- our electricity was out all day yesterday, so I had a lovely
mother's day with no one here at all (Bob was in FL w/ his dad) and all I
could do was read a trashy novel after church, and talk to the kids when they
called.  Oh darn!

Jan