From:
DeDe Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 23:10:16 -0700
I have a client who is experiencing recurrent plugged
ducts, always in the same location--upper outer
quadrant left breast.  Her baby is 5 months old and
she has experienced these since the early weeks.  She
did have S/S thrush and was treated, ultimately with 1
month Rx of Diflucan.  S/S thrush did resolve.  Each
time a plug occurs, she treats it aggressively and it
generally resolves within 1-2 days.  The recurrences
are becoming more frequent, now 2-3 times a week--it
barely clears before it recurs.  She experiences the
white nipple bleb and does appropriately open it to
allow the plug to drain.  She is taking Lecithin.
There are no S/S of mastitis. Any input would be
appreciated.  Please e-mail me privately as well as to
the list.  Thank-you.  DeDe  [log in to unmask]