From:
"kirk b. spear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:44:35 -0800
Hi!  My name's Jill, I'm a LLL Leader in California.  I'm new to the web and
Lactnet.  Here's my situation:

I have severe psoriasis (50 - 75% converage) and psoriatic arthritis.
Currently I'm nursing a 10 month old, (I have two other children ages 6 and
4).  I have been pregnant or nursing for the past 7 years and have basically
toughed this disease out during that time.  This is the worst that it has
ever been.  I've tried herbs, (working with professional herbalist),
homeopathy, changing diet (no refined processed foods, citrus, etc.),
candida, you name it.   My husband and I are at our wits end!!!

Right now I'm taking 40 mg Prozac daily, Hydrocodone (vicodin) for the pain.
All the MDs want me to take methotrexate MTX which is a class D and
incompatible.  I've searched nad searched for alternatives or ANY
information on psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and BF.  Does anyone out there
have any experience with this?  We're seriously considering weaning and
going on MTX although it just breaks our hearts to do so.  HELP!!!