From:
Elisa Casey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 00:28:33 -0400
On Monday 27 May 2002 13:25 pm, Gonneke van Veldhuizen wrote:

> In my experience own breastfeedingexperience canmake a physician
> either the best or the worst. Just depending on how this personal
> experience was - possitive or negative.

I believe that would make fascinating research.... I'm still kicking
myself for having only collected data on whether or not the staff nurses
participating in my survey research breastfed and not the nature of
their experience.  I have not gotten to number-crunching yet.... but of
195 nurses who indicated that they breastfed at least one child, 183 had
a positive attitude score; 12 had a neutral score.  Of 30 that did not
breastfeed, 19 had a positive score and 11 had a neutral score.  Of
those who checked "not applicable" (either no children or male- again I
wish I had gotten moe specific data) 34 had positive attitude scores and
6 had neutral scores.  No nurses had a negative attitude score.  But a
recommended area for future research will be to futher examine how
demographics influence attitude.
--
Elisa H. Casey, RN, BSN; MSN Candidate, Student Family NP