From:
Linda Pohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:19:05 -0700
Hello,

I have a mom who is still having some minor discomfort and I was hoping form
some tips form you all.  I believe the problem is that the upper palate is
rather narrow.  The mom's nipples are showing minor compression stripes on
the sides of the nipples.  There is no compression stripe on the tip so I
believe the latch is deep enough.  Stripes are very even on the sides so I
believe the latch is well centered.  The same effect is noted in cradle
hold, transitional hold, football (clutch) hold and lying down positions.
There is not enough discomfort to warrant taking baby off the breast and
baby is receiving excellent milk transfer.  I am thinking that we will just
need a bit of time to grow this baby's mouth but, if you have any
suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Linda Pohl, IBCLC
Phoenix AZ