From:
Duce Linda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 17:36:17 -0500
Dear Pam,

It was delightful to hear about your groups.  The Lactation Program at my
hospital is just getting it's feet off the ground and my learning curve has
been incredibly steep, but the best part has definitely been the
breastfeeding support groups which started as one daytime group with 2
attendees, and has now expanded to an evening as well as a  day group, and
we are running out of room in our little lactation center for the daytime
group.  By the way, the lactation center started out as a storage area!

What has just happened however, is truly amazing to me.  One of the moms
came for a consult, and during the course of the consult asked if it was
okay to present the following idea to the group:  Can we--meaning them, not
me--do something to encourage pediatricians, OBs and their nursing staffs to
update their education in lactation?  Evidently she had been getting a great
deal of conflicting info.  This mom is a professional organizer by trade,
and wants to begin a mini-campaign!

Thought you might like to know, especially when the days seem all uphill,
that what we do REALLY matters.  Thank you ALL for your daily help.

~Linda M. Duce RN, CNM  Austin, TX