From:
Anne and Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 00:13:45 -0400
Geez had a teen day today. Saw a 16 year old who was literally unable to
pick up her baby, she was so scared of hurting him (placed him on her knee
3 feet from the breast and asked what to do....very well informed, just
terrified), a 19 yr. old, and a (just) 15 yr. old from El Salvador speaking
only Spanish whose infant was born in the dr's office and now ended up in
the NICU with non life threatening but uncertain complications. 15 yr old
managed to accidentally buck the system and live in her hospital room when
all nurses thought she had been discharged and gone home. All followed up
by a class in our adolescent program. Teens are never boring....! (Had to
share this with interested parties, hubbie's eyes glaze over whenever I
mention BF....)
Anne Merewood