Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 02:01:53 -0400
I have an urgent situation that I need some help with.  I have read the
1989 Sealander article, and have read through the archives as much as
possible this evening.

A mother has a nursing 3 yo with a herpes blister in corner of her mouth.
It is the child's first such outbreak, and mother does not recall older
child or herself ever having them(thinks husband may have had one or two
breakouts years ago).

The mother is very concerned if nursing her child with an active lesion can
transmit herpes to her nipple.  Mother is fairly confident she can get her
daughter to sleep without nursing for one night, but does not wish to wean
over this.  She is planning on calling pedi in the morning, and asking for
Acyclovir for the child.  Does anyone have any firsthand experience with
this? Know any research?  Thank you in advance,
Jamelle Lyons
LLLL