Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:55:13 +0200
Hey Rachel and all,
Funny you should mention this about inspiration. I am not a real public person, just try to do my bit - but I feel I have to share a very special treat with you all. It is very personal, but I feel it is not only for me, but for every single IBCLC, La Leche League Leader and probably many others. I just had my 60th birthday and my kids presented me with a book, which they worked on for months!!! They snuck into my clinic with the help of my secretary, and pulled out hundreds of names of moms that I have helped in the past. And they made a commemorative book! I am putting in the link here. And this is not to brag about my wonderful offspring who have lived and breathed breastfeeding for the past 30 years, but to inspire you - because even though these letters are written to me, I feel that they belong to us all. This is what we do, this is how we inspire and steer new moms and dads to becoming caring and intuitive individuals who hopefully will nurture more caring humans to occupy this earth. Wow, to say I was overwhelmed by the expression of these moms so many years later, and some of my dear colleagues, who contributed as well, is an understatement. And my kids??? Well that goes without saying. (although I cannot stop telling them how appreciative I am)
So here goes, some of the letters are in Hebrew, but you can tell by the length of them just how they feel, but some are in English. Click in opposite direction - it is a Hebrew book.

 http://www.lupa.co.il/customers_gallery_book.aspx?orderid=12010202100281

I hope it works.

Ellen Shein, IBCLC LLLI
Tel Aviv